Modern slavery is a crime and a violation of fundamental Human Rights. It take many various forms, such as slavery, servitude, forced and compulsory labour and human trafficking.
All of the detailed have a common fact, that is the deprivation of a person’s liberty and the exploitation of them for personal or commercial gain.
RML Limited have a zero tolerance approach to modern slavery and are committed to acting ethically and with integrity in all of the Company’s business undertakings and relationships.
Key performance indicators
We assess the effectiveness of the steps that we are taking to ensure that slavery and/or human trafficking is not taking place within our business or supply chain by:
- Monitoring the risks in the sectors that we operate in and reviewing our operations and policies in light of any increased risks.
- Monitoring the training provided to staff
- Reviewing our grievance procedures and whistle-blowing procedures to ensure that adequate measures are in place to support, encourage and protect employees.
- Regularly monitoring our business relationships with our suppliers and ensuring that they continue to have adequate measures in place to combat modern slavery.
- Monitoring any reports received from employees, the public, or law enforcement agencies to indicate that modern slavery practices have been identified in our business and/or our supply chain